Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTS in a Workgroup 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

urielk

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
CA
Can I Develop distributed MTS objects in a Workgroup... without a domain controler?, MTS complains about security when I try to install a package in the remote computer.

Yes you can, but you will have to turn authenication on the package off. Ronald Spainhour
mailto:rspainhour@npc.net

Thanks Ronald,

You gave me a good clue where to start... I don't have the best infrastructure, I have a Win2000 Professional and a NT Workstation in the same workgroup.

Do I need MTS in both computers? I assume yes...

I turn off authentication for the system application in both computers but when I try to open the remote computer in the Console, I get the permissions error: "you don't have enough permissions, bla, bla

Any idea?

Which is the client machine - the 2000 box or NT 4? You do not turn-off authenication on the System package, but the actually MTS package you will be deploying. Ronald Spainhour

I am new to this, maybe my questions are obvious and I have and Arch problem.

How can I install the componets? In the NT box I want to run the DLLs and in the Win2K the ASPs...

I opened the component service console in Win2K and when I try to open the COM+ folder in the Remote machine I get the permissions error.

Just to experiment I did the same but now starting from the NT box and same result.

Thanks again

Look into creating the packages (dlls) on the WIN2K machine as that sounds like you are planning to use IIS on that box for your web server. Checkout either msdn.microsoft.com or on setting COM+ and IIS. There is more information there than I can do justice to here. Ronald Spainhour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back