Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTS and Oracle 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stufi

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
CZ
Does any know something about my problem. I have Oracle 8.1.5.0 on SUN Solaris (2.6) and client PC with MS NT 4.0 Server. On this machine I have Microsoft Transaction Server 2.0,client aplication (VB aplication), Oracle 8.1.5.0 client software (include Oracle Manager for MTS). When I try to connect with the application throuth the MTS and ADO and the OLE DB Oracle Provider this is inpossible. Could you say me for the version of Oracle client software and other URL or something for my problem.
Help me for solving my problem ...
Thank's in advance !!!

Martin Stufi
stufi@strom.cz

Are you able to connect from your MTS machine to your database machine using something like Access or VisData?

Chip H.

Yes, I tried access from the same application on the MS SQL Server 7.0 and this application work properly, but when I can access to Oracle 8.1.5.0 (Sun Solaris) then I have message:
" -247168246 New transatction canot enlist transaction coordinator"

Thank's
Martin Stufi
stufi@strom.cz
stufi@strom.cz

Yes, I have it, but without success ...

I have solution for my problem and now it function properly.
Thank's.

Martin

Stuffi,
This is the first time I have used this board, but I am getting the same exact error you got. We are running oracle on Unix. I can't for the life of me find out how to correct this problem. Can you tell me what the soloution was? HELPPPPP.
Seriously Thank you in advance....

Hello All,

I posted this on another thread thought it might help someone here looking for answers to this fustrating problem.

There is an article on the oracle web site:

There are basically two ways to get transactions going with MTS and oracle. Microsoft's way is with XA transactions, Oracle's way is with Oracle Manager Mts Services. This option can be installed when installing the Oracle Client software (in my case 8.1.6). From all I have read the Oracle way seems to be better (I never could get XA transactions going). Follow the above instructions off the Oracle site, if it still does not work (such as in my case) re-install Nt Option pack, and NT Service Pack 6a. Once I re-installed these two items, the transactions finally worked. Have'nt tried with Win2000.

My Configuration:
Oracle 8.1.6 (Install MTS Services)
Nt Server 4.0
Service Pack 6a

Good Luck! (I know it works with NT 4.0, so keep trying, it's fustrating, took me over a week to get transactions going after reading limited articles on Oracle and MS Sites.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back