Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTE - CC Link Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddc79

ISP
Mar 18, 2002
US

In about the last week or so our supervisors are no longer able to view queue statistics/reps logged into queue/status via the Terminal Emulator program, there is a redline up at the top that says "CC LINK DOWN", when I go into the configuration control and look at the transaction log i see the following:

=================================================
Requested by : System Startup

-- SL-1 sent invalid data in response to a query.
-- No response from switch; load management link is down.
=================================================

Any help is greatly appreciated, so far I only have very limited knowledge of the pbx, it's a Meridian 1 system, i'm not sure what option. As far as everything goes the link to our LAN is up and pingable, otherwise the MTE program wouldn't even connect, something internal looks like it needs to be reset or died. I'm afraid to reboot the system in general as everything else is working fine.

So far the only thing I've had to do with the system was add/remove/change access to dialing outgoing area codes (npa/nxx) stuff. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone can offer.

ld 137
stat elnk

good place to start, then do a ping form load 117

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Heres what i get from ld 137, stat elnk:

ELINK: ENABLED
Ethernet (qu unit number 0):
Host: PRIMARY_ENET
Internet Address: 137.135.128.253
Ethernet Address: 00:00:45:45:ef:4a
Netmask: 0xffff0000; Subnet Mask: 0xffffffe00
0 packets received; 0 packets sent
0 input errors; 0 output errors
0 collissions

ping form load 117 gives me an invalid command... I have no idea what the internet address is, I know our internal/external lan IP and it's much different. Looks like it resolves to Northern Telecom ::confused look::

er the above is correct except for packets sent it's 8 instead of 0 and 8 output errors instead of zero as well... looked like a 0 from far away my eyes must be going bad...

your right we need a program that increases font size, one per decade,, but in my case i would need a bigger screen for bold 50

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

yeah i hear ya... it's not so much as i cant see what's coming up on the screen that i care about it's that i dont have a clue what the *$&% im doing... isn't that the important part ? :p

so should the internet address be set to the assigned ip we've given the system or is that something totally different, it looks like it's not passing traffic for some reason, anything else you can suggest i'd appreciate... it's not that high priority, i work for an el cheapo company that doesnt have a support contract anymore so it's like super expensive to get em out here and takes em a good day or two of head scratching usually... :-\

still trying to figure this one out... i found our reference guides with all the ld command sets and everything finally so that's helpful... but im not getting anywhere yet...

i set the elnk to the ip address/gateway/subnet it should be local to our network, updated everything, disabled/enabled it so it shows in ld 137 as the when i stat elnk... we are now not even able to connect via the MTE program anymore, within the last week or so everybody now gets connection refused when just trying to connect, way before i made any changes...

a month or two ago i'd barely even logged into the system once or twice a year if that, only cause we're having issues am i looking at things...i even tried running the midnight jobs manually, still no luck... if i try to ping the ip it's set to locally it ping responds properly... so im totally lost...

the only thing left to do would be a cold reboot, im worried if something is hung, hardware or otherwise that the system might not come back up properly or might hang and cause other problems...its basically the last thing i want to try if nobody has any other ideas before i call in a switch person and we get slapped wit a large bill...

im not too familiar with a the reboot procedure, i watched my former co worker do it once, he jus had everyone log out of their phones and basically turned off the main power switches on both units waited a minute or two then turned them back on, and all the phones were down totally for a good 10 minutes while the sys rebooted....is this the correct procedure, or does something need to be shutdown or terminated from the console as well...

thanks for any suggestions/comments again...much appreciated

ok well i got impatient and grew some balls... at the end of the day i shut down power to both modules waited a few minutes and powered them back up... all the noise these things were making scared the hell out of me, being that they're over 10 years old i was thinking they werent going to come back up at all...

but slowly but surely after a buncha grinding etc etc etc everything came back up, and our reps were able to log back into their phones and everything worked... the MTE program is now working again as well, im very happy about that...

but i noticed when it was finishing the start up processes it displayed information about the t's line conditions... i saw on another post that a colum of 0's indicated that the t is basically operating perfectly... however i saw a few lines on our display that were -1 and -2 etc... reason i noticed is on our digital line t for our 800 #'s there's now a weird staticy noise on the callers end that occurs every 2 or 3 seconds consistantly...

So i basically resolved one issue, but caused another, i dont know if something else needs to be cleared out, or something needs to be reset on our phone provider's end as well, im gonna sleep on it, with any luck something will run and fix itself, otherwise im going to be on the phone with sprint the majority of tomorrow :-(

It souonds to me like you have the legacy Meridian Max acd system. I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mentioned the "other" module.

The Max used to links to the PBX the High Speed Link and the Load Management link. The High Speed Link(HSL) was used by the pbx to send all information and updates to the MAX. The Load Management Link was used to send chages input by a supervisor to the pbx. It was not uncommon for the HSL and sometimes the LML to go to sleep from time to time. Some of the ways to get it to "wakeup" was to go into LD 48 and disable the HSL, then into LD 37 and disable the TTY associated with the HSL. Then re-enable them in the reverse order.

You can find the tty info by "prt" ing the "adan" info in ld 22. (you may have to prt the entire "CFN" in ld 22 depending on the age of your software.)

yea it's damn old that's all i know... 10-15 years minimum... i would consider that legacy :p ... what i meant by when i said the other "module" i meant, there's two boxes containing cards and crap, one's got the cpu, the other's got the miran crap... i powered em both off and back on...that seemed to resolve it, but it's risky since the stuff is so freakin old...we have huge battery backups so i doubt if the stuff was ever shut down more then once or twice in their whole operating time...

i see what you mean bout the two links... i see the fiber coming out of the cpu (1st box) going into the 2nd basically acting as a bus connecting the processor to the hard drive/etc...

so i had no idea how anything worked really before this week, thought i'd try and learn some stuff, save our cheap ass company some dough... i think our t is flaking out after the reboot now, some of the channels have some visible noise... i tried disabling some channels on the t, calling in and the noise was less on some then on others, hopefully i wont have to reboot the sys again, and it'll fix itself over some time ::shrug::

well im definetly learning alot, this sys is hard to find info on since it's so old, does anybody even use meridian max anymore besides our outdated company ?

ps...def appreciate the info, it'll come in handy next time (this has happened maybe once over a 10 year period, not too bad...overall it's been a pretty fairly reliable system so i cant really complain a whole lot...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back