Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTD filter with apply comparision

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstms

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
FR
can any one tell me how this apply comparision works in filtering the MTD values of cycle id which is the date, when a particular date value is given in the prompt.

filter mtd

applycomparision(“#0<=#1”,cycle(ID),{cycle date prompt})
and
applycomparision(“#0>=(select distinct trunc(Z_cycle_id,MM) from PS_Z_TDAY where Z_CYCLE_ID=#1)”,cycle(id),{Cycle date prompt})

applicomparison is like an where clause. #0 is the first arguement, and so on. So what's your question about ?

Hi Z3,
thanks for your reply, i am just wondering what the second apply comparision does here when it combines with the first one,
thanks

It's a WHERE clause SQL. If you replace #0 with cycle@ID, #1 with the date prompt, you get the exact WHERE clause.

That query is going to be a DB killer..... You might want to look into migrating to a "real" transformation table....

In your case, the SQL will do something like this:

select ...
from ....
where ....
and
Cycle_ID <= to_date("01/15/2005")
and
Cycle_ID >= (select distinct trunc(Z_Cycle_ID,MM) from PS_Z_TDAY where Z_CYCLE_ID=to_date("01/15/2005")

So you are doing a "only retain all the cycle_ids from the beginning of the month until the cycle I selected".

You can do exactly the same thing without any applycomparison and just "clean" relationship filters.

2 cents,
FLB

Hi FLB,
Thanks for your reply,This is really helpful to me,

mstms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back