Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MTA Error 9318

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk94

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
HI Guys,

I have 2 servers running at the moment. I am trying to shut down the first, as it is an older machine we are unsure of its reliability. I have moved all mail boxes, rehomed the public folders, etc. However the lastest issue in this growing saga, is I now get error 9318 in the event log after I shut down the first server. I have also noticed I have lost some rules in the move, they work on the old server not the new one. I have checked Technet but no luck there. Any suggestions are greatly appreicated.

Thanks

2 servers in the same site talk to each other constantly. 9318 means that your new server is still trying to contact the old one, but is not getting an answer. Search technet for the article about removing the first server in a site.

to remove a server permenantly from your exchange site, simply highlight it in exchange administrator and hit the delete key - frighteningly easy!! - to sort out the 9318 errors, it would be good to reboot your remaining server (or at least stop and restart the exchange services) once you have deleted the old one.

Have fun

Adrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back