Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSysTables Object Error 3033

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkie001

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2003
GB
Hi,
I am running code through VB which changes the sql of a query and then opens a report based on the changed query.

When I run this a the db administrator it runs no problem, but when I try and run this as a data user it throughs up the above error.

I have went into the security setting and given full access to the queries and reports in question to the data users and it still does not allow the code to run.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Clarkie

The data users needs DESIGN privlidges on the query you are editing.

Have you made sure they have it.

?

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk
Remove the NOJUNK to use.

Users must also remain members of the users group.

Although the standard dialog box won't let you remove users from the Users group there are ways to remove them.

Are you sure that everyone is a member of the Users group still ?

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk

LittleSmudge,

Could you talk more about the users group and why they need to belong to it. How you would remove them. ETC.

How did you figure this out?

I think we could learn from this.

Thanks

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

The standard developer interface for managing the User/Group security model does not allow you to remove the Users group from any logon Id's list of users. So in most cases one is protected.

HOWEVER, the groups that a user is a member of is simply stored in a table in the Security.MDW file and this can be manipulated programatically using the ADOX.Catalog object.

I developed a user front end for a personnel database that creates database log on ids for people when their details are loaded into the db when they join the company. The HR operator then selects the groups they should belong to for the tasks they are expected to do.

The HR person can also remove memberships of groups and even remove users when they change job or loave the organisation.

The first itteration of this interface did not force the HR operator to make the new login id a member of the Users group. The absense of that caused MSysTables permissions problems.

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS
spsinkNOJUNK@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back