Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSX2K with GSE problem 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2003
SG
Hi,

I have windows 2K Adv Server with MSX2K SP3.
I have GroupShield for Exchange running for a year.

Yesterday nite, my exchange suddenly crash.
Store.exe was running at 100%.
1st Error was a event 12002 at 12.16am

these errors that follows which crash the exchange server is at 4am where i have these event logs
"Faulting application store.exe, version 6.0.6389.0, faulting module mcscan32.dll, version 4.1.6.0, fault address xxxxxxxxx)"

Currently whenever i running my GSE, the store would just reach 100% and crash the server.

Anyone can help me or encounter this B4.

some event log point me to MSX Event ID 12002 and MKB article 829047.

I know no voice, I knew not systems,
i know NUTS on networking, Therefore I dont know anything!
------------------------------------
©2003,2004 SCHT.

this is happening everywhere, my telephone isn't stopping from ringing,

anyone have a solution for this?

//Bart

Bart,

Thanks for the info. We have been chasing this issue since 0835 this morning.

Matt

Thanks "Evilbart",
Could i give you a kiss :* .
I was so glad you responsed to me.

Anyone has applyed the patch yet?
This is the second time i work with NAI that crash system because of their updates.
May think to switch to Trend micro after this.

I know no voice, I knew not systems,
i know NUTS on networking, Therefore I dont know anything!
------------------------------------
©2003,2004 SCHT.

Thanks a bunch for the info Bart.. I can't believe they didn't even post a notice on their website.
It solved our problem.. unfortunately it cost my customer some serious $$

Dead on target, Evilbart. We've been trying to resolve this since noon yesterday.

STORE.EXE would start ok and run fine for several minutes, then would jump up to sustained 100% CPU use and STAY there. It all started yesterday at 12:30 pm Eastern Time with what appeared to be a huge number of false positive virus detections for stoned.dam - only on some (but not all) e-mails containing attachments. Didn't matter whether it was a .gif or a .doc or .htm - we had about 25 internal and external e-mails trigger the virus notification. GSE is our second layer of defense - so it was extrordinary to see that many flags.

Of course we had to do a full scan of the store to make sure it really wasn't a virus - and thought the high CPU was from that. Ran eseutil - but still persisted.

That super.dat did the trick. Thanks Bart - you are my hero of the week.

Happened to me also. I tried everything I could think of (including disabling Groupshield) with no luck. I thought the crash had corrupted my database so I am in the middle of a defrag. Can I stop the defrag in the middle without causing any damage?
Good call Bart!!

Mark

Hi Bart,

you´ve made a fantastic job. Thank you very much.

Alf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back