Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSWord default save path

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ro

MIS
May 10, 2003
US
One of our users always gets word files emailed to her...when she opens up the file she'd like to click file/save as and have her network folder automatically appear there. Instead...when she goes to file/save as she gets s:\tempfiles (drive s: is her mapped drive). Where do I go to change that?? The user documents file path in word is already set to s:\...I can't figure out why it's always defaulting to s:\tempfiles when opening up documents from email attachments.

is this user a mendatory user , or it's juts a user has it's permanent profile ?

Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

nope it's a network account but using a local profile...no policies set up on it. I think I found the solution...changed a registry key that said outlooksecurepath or something like that to her network folder. Not sure exactly what that does, think it's just the path that it sends files when you click to open them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back