Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSVCRT.DLL ERROR 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Windows ME - working in Microsoft Word and on closing a document if I've made any changes to the AutoText or even if the screensaver came on while working in the document the message "Winword has caused an error in MSVCRT.DLL" comes up and crashes the program. I've downloaded the so-called fix-it library and it had no impact on this problem.

Have you tried updating to MDAC 2.6? MSVCRT.DLL is part of the "Microsoft Data Access Components" and some installed packages overwrite it with their particular take on it. Try downloading and installing MDAC 2.6 from MS's developer's net and see if that fixes the problem.

Printer caught in loop:
Have WinME installed on new Compaq, bought fresh from the store about 30 days ago, and the printer has never worked. The error says that it is caughtin a loop. Called Compaq support, ha ha, and the person who owns the computer was told had a corrupted file and needed to format the hard drive and reinstall everything. I'm thinking this is a little overboard but I do not have that much experience with ME yet. My question is, can't ME be reinstalled over top the old version like you can with 98? The owner was told to use the repair in ME but apparently that didn't work, probably because it was the way it installed on the hard drive to begin with and there isn't anything to repair. Thank you for your help.

Name: msvcrt.dll
Description: Microsoft (R) C Runtime Library
Version: 6.1.8637.0
DLLSelfRegister: No

Windows Millenium Edition 290,869 6/8/2000 win_13.cab \win9x

Yes, ME can be installed over the top of ME. Run

SETUP /P F

and it'll do what's called a hardware-tree-rebuild install, effectively replacing all other core dll's in the process with originals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back