Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSVC++ 6.0 application question... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdalton

Programmer
Dec 5, 2002
US
I started a project that I've been building on for a while. I'm now finishing the project, but I'd like to be able to change the project name. Is there a way to do this? I've gone through every property page and nothing will let me change the actual project name. What I thought would be an easy change is becoming a brain teaser. Any thoughts? thanks.

It doesn't really matter what the project is called - what matters is the output file names. Choose "Project->Settings" menu in VC++ and specify the output file names in there.
tellis.gif

[sup]programmer (prog'ram'er), n A hot-headed, anorak wearing, pimple-faced computer geek.[/sup]​

1. Make a backup of a project.
2. Remove reference to the project from your MSVC desktop.
3. Open a .dsp file with text editor and change all occurencies of project name to the new one.
4. Rename your .dsp file.
5. Include the changed project to your desktop.
I'm not sure it works, but I have done something like that.

Create a new project with the name that you want to give it,now copy all your source an resource files as well to the new project,the other files wont be necessary ( dsp,dsw,ncb etc ).
After that you'll just have to include this files to the new project by selecting "Add To Project" and then "Files" from the file menu.
Now you can build the project and everything should work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back