Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mssql_connect and mysql_connect in PHP.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexolio2008

Technical User
Apr 24, 2008
US
Can anyone help me?

My host has PHP and MySQL set up on his server. He also has SQL Server.

I have someone creating a PHP script for me, but I need it to adding records to a table in SQL Server instead of MySQL.

When my host trying to set up the mssql_connect function in the PHP.ini file, all sites on his server running PHP basically stopped working.

However, without the mssql_connect function enabled, you get the function undefined error on the script that's currently being developed.

1. Can mssql_ and mysql_connect both be enabled in PHP.ini and run on the same server?

2. Can anyone point me to a resource for getting this to work if it's possible (#1)

Thanks!

When my host trying to set up the mssql_connect function in the PHP.ini file, all sites on his server running PHP basically stopped working
then he's a monkey.

yes. mysql and mssql extensions can coexist on the same server. there is no magic to making it so. just follow the instructions in the manual for each server.

i would recommend using PDO as a common abstraction layer to address both server instances.

you need to get php_mssql.dll on the extensions path. If you need help on this shout back !

mysql and mssql as my understanding don't create conflict on the same server instances. likewise, they even dont share the same ports. and lastly, both are working differently just like they dont know each other.

try register your dll files (php_mssql.dll, etc.) of msqql and restart your server.

run your phpinfo() and check for mssql if present.

hope this work for your problem.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back