Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSS re index query

Status
Not open for further replies.

theredbaron

Technical User
Jul 30, 2007
GB
I have an MM3.1 system producing 149 and 1598 error messages and the prompt "there is a problem with the system" on accessing for newly built mailboxes only .. everything else is fine. It seems the solution is to perform a re index on the MSS and I have the Linux commands to do so my question is can this only be done a root of which I believe only Avaya have access, or is there another login I can use on the MSS to carry out the commands.

Many thanks

Sounds like you have more than one VMD. I would check your VMSC and see if you have a 2nd one.

The commands you speak of should only be done by TAC unless you are a Linux person.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

No only one VMD, the kform my buddy has sent me indicates corruption on the MSS database, the linux commands are simply enough just I am guessing that they would have to be done at root which is the problem.

Yes you will need the root password and you will never get it from Avaya.

Ken Means

As I thought ok thank you looks like a case in to Avaya then . . .

You could use a linux boot disk to add a root level user or change the root password. It is good to do that but i have seen it done. Then you can run the lindex.

The mss would be offline when you are doing this but that is the only other way i know to do it.

Ken Means

Feel free to contact me if you still have need of more info on lindex issues. 8>)
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back