Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MsProject viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeker4Tech

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
GB
Does anyone know where i can find Ms Project Viewer ? as it would be impossible to buy licenses for everyone in the company ?

There is no such viewer that I am aware of. However, depending on the version you are using, I would recommend that the plan be exported to Excel. There is an Excel viewer

that you can use to allow people without Excel to view the plan. Almost any information within Project can be exported into Excel. Another alternative is to export the data into MS Access and generate an MS Project look alike report.

Either alternative will work and does not require a great deal of expertise or time.

Almost forgot, once again depending on the version you are using, there is a way to take a "picture" of a gantt chart and save it as a gif that can be posted on a web site or e-mailed to interested parties. This uses a "copy picture" function within Project. There should be a button on your toolbar with a picture of a camera on it. Just select the report you want to distribute and press this button. Then follow the dialogs to completion.

[thumbsup2]

Thanks for the guide but i am still uncertain if there might be a viewer out thier.

Found the following link and downloaded the trial when I needed to open a MSProject file and had no way to save it as either .xls or .htm file!

Does the job with a few bells and whistles and the cost seems reasonable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back