Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSPaint memory leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgs

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
GB
I have a user who is having problems with MSPaint. She is trying to cut and paste a scanned image from paint to word, however as soon as she hits the copy button, mspaint memory use shoots up to 128MB+ and the program hangs. The image itself is a B+W scanned document in JPG format with a file size of around 600k.
I've shown her how to work around this by simply dragging the file into the word document but I'm interested to know if anyone else has come across this issue and has a fix for it.

A couple of things, are you running any other applications at the time? how much memory is in the pc? is it patched and service packed?

I use Paint quite regularly to produce how to guides, these involve quite a lot of screenshots and I have never had any problems with it.

Just as a matter of interest, what happens if you screen dump into paint (ctrl printscreen and alt printscreen will allow you to do full screen and window'd screen dumps)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back