Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSOffice XP help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiggerDaKat

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2003
US
We have about 30 PC's that we'd like to install MSOFfice XP.
We have 30 OEM copies of OfficeXP, unfortunately. I wish we had a corporate license for them.
We'd like to use sysprep and ghost to clone the OS and some applications so that they are already installed. All the user should have to do is go through a few setup wizards and punch in a few Product ID number and it's done. NO cd swapping or running any executables.
We've been successful in setting up the OS and any configurations for it and cloning it with sysprep and ghost. However we are unsure how to install Office XP on the "master machine" prior to cloning so that it asks for the product ID.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

No problem at all.
Copy the content of the CD to a server share, and install office to the image with the /qb-parameter.
The command line will be msiexec /i \\Server\share\pro.msi /qb.
After that you might want to run the Service pack msp's to Office.
If you want to make alterations to the installation, you can create an mst with the Office XP Ressource Kit, ORKTools. You might find it on the CD, or it can be downloaded from ms's site

Normally to install the msi to an image, you make an administrative installation to the server share. With the administrative installation, you will avoid being asked the serial when you install to the workstation.

Thanks so much for the reply. That's exactly what I needed.
:)

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back