Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSN Invasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skykak

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
US
"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Contact your system administrator."
This is what I see when using "tools"...Internet options...all to get rid of MSN's homepage. I would like to be given choices that we are being denied,more and more!

I have gone through my defaults and see no restriction or any reason why I cannot access the Internet Options page.
Please send me some advice.
As usual, thanks for your time~!!!!!

Check out the fix I posted here:
thread779-721981

Please, Anyone....
Does the priviledge of "using" Microsoft mean that we must be subjected to their stupid, unwelcome, irrelevant, obnoxious, arrogant pop up ads?
I use blockers and log-killers. They still get by and jump in my face.
How can we hurry with the next generation of this computer age and get some privacy? Thoughts?
Thanks! Brent

Use Mozilla as your browser!

'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

As carr already pointed to the related thread, the error This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer you are getting is by no means Microsoft's fault!
You use some blocking/restriction software so it is by choice.
If you really want 100% privacy, sell your computer and lock all doors ;-)

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I use IE6 and AOL 9 and have none of the problems with popup ads you are speaking of. You might want to download Ad-Aware 6.0 and see if you have any unwanted adwear on your system.

Becca

Somtimes, the easy answer is the hardest to find. :)

Since I installed the new Google Toolbar in Internet Explorer, I have not seen a pop-up ad on any of my 3 PCs in regular use. (This one shows 503 Blocked pop ups, and I have not heard a peep out of the toolbar other than that)

I also have not seen any funny software loaded on the PCs, Ad-Aware 6.0 does not pick up anything related to Google.

I have begun installing it on new PCs going to customers.

Google Rocks

Paul Ray

Programming Languages -- .BAT Files

Preffered editor -- EDLIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back