Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSI Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.

superrug

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
GB
I have removed some programs from my PC, now the MSI installer comes up whenever i open anything. I have deleted the MSI it relates to and removed everything resulting to this program from the registry but still it comes up in the backround whenever i start anything. Any ideas ?

If Doug doesn't fix it you can have a look at this type of problem and see if it gives you any clues.

265194 - OFF2000: Windows Installer Appears Every Time a Program Is Started

827811 - PUB2000: Windows Installer Runs Every Time You Start Publisher

274473 - OFF2000: Windows Installer Runs Every Time Help Is Used on Windows Terminal Server or Windows 2000 Server

Hi , have tried all the above but to no avail.

Detection of product '{6AE1BEB7-BD36-4F3A-A583-F184F9D4ABEB}', feature 'Windows_System_Component' failed during request for component '{A64F68CE-A798-444D-879A-BB40970C427E}'

This is the message in the event viewer, about a million times . I just can stop it trying to install this program that no longer exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back