Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Msg: "There was a problem retrieving printer information..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttellis

Technical User
Aug 31, 2004
US
I began working on a database a couple of months ago. Since then, my office has relocated. I am still on the same network, but my printers have changed. There are items within the database that print automatically that will no longer print becaus eof this message. For example, I cannot use the Documenter (Tools|Analyze|Documenter) and the report that prints after you create user accounts with the Security Wizard (with the PIDs, groups, users, etc.) I've looked everywhere and can't identify where the old printer would be referenced. Does anyone have any idea where to start??

I'm all ears...[bigears]

Do you have a default printer that exists on the network installed on the computer?

Leslie

Yes, there is a default network printer installed, but Access doesn't appear to recognizing it. I can print from Access, but I have to do File|Print|.... The problem I'm having is with the various items that Access creates and sends to the printer on it's own. I hope this makes sense.

Has anyone figured this out?? I did find a MS Knowledgebase article on it, but haven't gotten it to work yet....

Hello ttellis,

Take a look at this thread.

Scroll down about 4 or 5 posts and look for the code I posted for getting/setting printers.

Makesure you get the all the code, their is a seperate function posted in another post a few posts down. Forgot to post with orginal code.

Not sure if this will resolve your problem, but it's worth a try!

Good Luck

AccessGuruCarl
Programmers helping programmers
you can't find a better site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back