Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSFT .NET Framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbiker

MIS
Aug 23, 2001
US
In my previous post I believe that I mentioned that I did do a Repair Install of the XP SP2 OS. Well in doing so, I re-activated the Automatic Update, which I had set to tell be before downloading. Anyway, I now got an error comming up saying that there was an error updating the .net framework 1.1 doing some kicking around with the desktop now, other than in the Administrative folder in the control pannel, I cannot locate any .net framework. The MSFT website mentions that it would show up in the Installed software list, but it doesn't on my desktop. Is there a way to install it or vice versa Uninstall it. I cannot find a particular service that is associated with it, I even tried the update in Safe Mode to get by the error now comming up every time I restart Windows.
I find the .net framework option on my XP CD, but when I click on to start the install, nothing happens, it just sits there. Doesn't lock up, I can go and hit the link 2-10 times, nothing happens. I downloaded the SP from MSFT but it errors as well on attempting to install.

Hmmm. Well, I hope someone out there has had better luck today.
:<}

>-- --<

[worm] Bill [:<}

I am just as unsure why this all started. I think that possibly some Adware or mailware but I'm not sure. My system started out where I was getting these common errors when I was moving files from my laptop to one of my desktops at home. I could print thru one of the desktops without any error, and some file browsing would go with out a problem. But I do have some large directories, and if I was to go into one of these directories, I would get these continous errors that showed up in my event log. Would not have let it be such a big deal, except if I was doin a backup or something, I could easily get 100 or so errors, all the same, in the event log. If you look in the earlier threads, you'll see my original issue.
But to answere your question, No, I don't do any programming in the context of programming. I'll do some simple FrontPage Web Sites for home and Church, and I'll keep some important data backed up from my labtop on my desktop at home.
These problems have been annoying me for a little while, but I can tell you that nothing other than a few MSFT updates has changed on any of the systems. My home LAN is wired for the workstations and wireless for the laptop. But again, this is nothing new and has been this way for a couple years trouble free.
Today I noticed that the Automatic Updater got turned on when I did a OS Repare of my XP SP2 laptop. In so, I now get this error about the .Net Framework, and I cannot get rid of it. I cannot find where it is to uninstall it, and I have tried to re-install it both from the MSFT website and as a download, and the installer will error out not recognizing some ID# which of course looks like a key of somekind to me.

Thanks perluserpengo for you help. I will check out the links and see where it takes me.

:<}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back