Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSFlexGrid Error during compile

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake007

Programmer
Jun 19, 2003
US
I am using the following code in 2 seperate applications to sort the data in a MSFlexGrid:

Private Sub Grid1_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

'Sort the grid based on the column clicked.
Static blAscending As Boolean

If Button = vbLeftButton Then
If Grid1.Rows > 1 And Grid1.MouseRow = 0 Then
Grid1.Sort = flexSortStringAscending
End If
End If

End Sub

The problem is, it works just fine in one app, but not the other, I get the following error when compiling:

Compile Error: Can't Find Project or Library on the line that says:

Grid1.Sort = flexSortStringAscending

Both projects have the same references checked and, if I move the project that isn't working to another pc, it works fine????

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jake

I've found that there are various versions of the MSFlexGrid control and the one you compile with won't necessarily work with a different version on another machine. Make sure you're using the same version of the control on both machines.

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus!" - Firesign Theatre [jester]

I am positive its the same FlexGrid. Any other suggestions?

Jake

When you say it works fine in one app and not another - is this in the IDE and not an executable? On both computers?

Running both from the ide. On both pcs the first app runs just fine. The second app runs on one pc but not the other, using the exact same code?

Thanks

Sounds like you're in the twilight zone - doh! ;-)

Have you checked VB help for that error? It discusses some things to check out. But why it works on one machine but not another does not make sense - unless maybe you're using the mshflexgrid by mistake and it's not on the machine where it doesn't work. And even that doesn't make sense to me - since it won't let you delete the reference.

jake007,

Replace MSFlexGrid with MSHFlexGrid. It should fix your problem. MSFlexGrid suffers from the so called Hell DLL problem. Never use it.

VladK

Never esed MSHFlexGrid. Does it support the same properties as the MSFlexGrid?

Jake

Never used MSHFlexGrid. Does it support the same properties as the MSFlexGrid?

Jake

I've never used MSFlexGrid, but a colleague of mine did. Het was astonished with the options the MSHFlexGrid (that I use) offered.

I would like to help you further along the line of throwing stuff in as MSHFlexGrid, but if you are like me (not the best programmer in the world), chances are that you will not have a working app next week.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Two years ago, we had to replace MSFlexGrid with MSHFlexGrid in all our applications just because MSFlexGrid applications refused to work randomly on some clients' PCs. It turned to be the Hell DLL issue, i.e. when some PCs already had any app with MSFlexGrid of different versions then that app stopped working after the installation of our product and visa versa. When we replaced MSFlexGrid with MSHFlexGrid then the problems vanished. Never had any issues specific to MSHFlexGrid.

The only minor problem I am aware of is the absence of flexSortCustom enumarion constant promised in Help. This problem exsists for both types of the flex grid.

Vladk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back