Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSFlexGrid & DataGrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkung

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
MY
Hi all,

I would like to find out if it is possible to use DataGrid/MSFlexGrid to fetch data from a database table.

I need the recordset to be displayed in the grid. However, i don't want to use ADODC as i'll need to change the database username and password dynamically (as far as i know, ADODC does not have this flexibility if i choose to use connection string and i don't want to use DataLink file either).

Which will be a wiser choice , MSFlexGrid/Data Grid? Can i use DataGrid without using ADODC? This is because the current design of the application is in such a way that it uses ADODC to bind to the DataGrid. And i wish i can remain using the DataGrid without using the ADODC, that means by using some codes to fetch data into the datagrid.

Does anyone knows where can i find more info / examples? Thanks in advance,any helps will be greatly appreciated.

I know this is a long time after the origional post but..... I have been able to assign an ADO recordset object to the DataSource property of the DataGrid and the hierarchical FlexGrid. I haven't tried the regular FlexGrid though.

Scott #-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back