Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSDL card disabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanrucj

Technical User
Mar 8, 2009
US
one of our msdl cards is disabling. here is the error i get. is there a specific type of message it is referring to that is causing the msdl card to go out of service, in turn disabling d-channels associated with it.

BUG5570

The MSDL/MISP sent a "message" to the SL-1 indicating that it received a message with a format error. There are either three or four fields

output with this message:

1. The MSDL card number or the MISP loop number,
2. The type of formatting error (value of 0: unknown or unexpected message, value of 1: invalid message length),
3. The message id of the "bad" message, and
4. If the formatting error type was message length, the length of the actual message.

type of msdl? daughter board msdl or actual NET shelf msdl?

Mato' Was'aka

During a maintenance window you might disable all applications that use that card and then disable the MSDL card. Re-enable it with a force download and then monitor. If it continues to fail, replace the card.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

we did do the download and i believe we recently replaced the card.

what if the cause is the incoming message? is there something other than the download and replacing the card we can try.

thanks

Hmm. I did a lookup on Knowledge Base for BUG5570 and it came back with nothing. What all do you have working off that card? Only d-channels? I wonder if one of the d-channels on the card is causing it? Did this problem occur suddenly after working properly for a long period of time? What if you took a 2nd card and installed it into the system and split the existing d-channels between both cards? If the problem stays with the original card, frog the d-channels and see if the problem moves to the 2nd card. If it does, then you can narrow down which d-channel is the culprit.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back