Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msconfig help

Status
Not open for further replies.

gw73

MIS
Dec 30, 2001
US
I cannot change anything in my msconfig file, if I click anything in the startup folder it set the general tab to selective start up and if I change the tab to normal start up it selects everthing in the start up tab. I've tried setting the attributes for all the files with a -r thinking somehow they were write protected, but that didn't help. I dont know if another problem I'm haveing is connected, but evertime I set my internet options,connections check box to always dial my default connection or dial when a connection is needed it will almost always revert to never dial my connection, I dont even have to close the browser. I'm complety baffled, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

MSCONFIG is acting as it should. By deselecting an item you are making the startup selective. It is no longer a normal startup because your not starting everything. Did I explain that okay?

Thanks for the information I wont worry about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back