Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSB240 - Stores Recommendaton at warehouse level

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimson123

Programmer
Nov 11, 2003
ZW
Hi Gurus,

I have one Ellpse District with two warehouses that are geographically apart. In these two warehouses there are exist common stock items like cement for which a single stock code has been created for example 4567. In MSO170, I have the following parameters setup ie ROP, ROQ, Min Stock Level and Re-order algorithm in use is 11.

Problem: When I run MSB240 when one of the warehouses has reached re-order point, the system is not raising a stores recommendation for that warehouse. It is looking at the stock code settings at District level and then assuming the re-order point has not been reached.

I have about 1000 stock codes existing in both warehouses affected by this problem.

How do I make Ellipse provision based on warehouse level parameters and not District level settings.

Have you set the Min an Max SOH figures and Transfer/Purchase Flag for each Warehouse on the Maintain Warehouse Information Screen via Option 7 of MSO170? This is intended to auto raise a transfer of purchase order when Min SOH is reached.

Regards,
markfr

Thank you Mark for the prompt response. I have created a new stock code and setup its warehouse parameters in MSO170 option 7 for both MAIN and SSTO warehouses. I setup a min and max values for both warehouses and raised warehouse reqs for both warehouses to create demand. Then ran MSB240 to create Recommended orders but ironically the system produced only one combined recommendation in Main warehouse.

I expect the system to produce two seperate recommendations ie one per Warehouse for each stock item with SOH is less than Min stock.

Please help guys.

I suspect then that your system control flag for Consolidate PO Item by Warehouse (Optional) is set to the default of 'N'. This flag resides on the Maintain Warehouse Control Information Screen (MSM00GA) and you'll need a Ellipse Administrator to tell you what its current value is.

Regards,
markfr

Hi Mark,

Thanks for all the effort you are investing in my problem.

Checked the Consolidate PO item by Warehouse setting and its currently at a value of "Y".

Could it be the re-order algorithm "11" I am using that is a problem.

Still my users want to see stock item cement having two separate recommendations that is one for each warehouse if Min stock level is reached. But still MSR241 report is still showing just one District level recommendation.

Have raised a work order with Mincom but as usual these guys have no urgency.

Zimzon,

You need to decide first if you want the second warehouse to feed off the main warehouse or if you want those requirements to go straight to purchasing. If you want the first, set the Purchase/Transfer flag for the second warehouse to "T", or if you want to go to purchasing, set it to "P". Then you need to run MSB180 for the second warehouse BEFORE you run MSB240. That way, the needs for the second warehouse will be reflected either as transfer requests to the main warehouse or recommended orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back