Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

msaccess report to output to word

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltir

Programmer
Oct 14, 2009
MT
Hi ,
I have created a form and would like to enter the contents of this form in certain parts of a word application. I know that I have to use bookmarks in word but am confused as how to launch word from excel and copy this data to bookmarks created.

YOur help will be highly appreciated.

saltir,

Welcome to Tek-Tips.

First, on your question, I'm a little confused. You first say you want to send an Access Report to a Word Document.

Then you say something about spitting out parts of a form to a report..

Then you say you need to launch Word from Excel?

Tell me this - where is your data now, and where do you want it? I think that may be a better start.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Hi,
My data is in access table...and I want to send this data to a word document. I was thinking of creating a form in access.

From acccess I would like to launch word and insert the data I have according to the bookmarks in the word document.

Can you please help me out

Another question I forgot to ask that you didn't mention:

What version of Access, and what version of Word?

Also, what OS are you running? Windows XP, Vista, 7, older?

--

am using windows XP with msaccess 2003 and word 2003

.Thanks

Also, what have you tried so far? Have you tried searching the web for it?

I tried this search.

I found this result (just happened to be the first one I clicked).

It sounds like a simple fix, and something you could automate via code.

Basically, you build a report in Access with what data you want to show from your table, and then save it to .rtf file, open the file with Word, and do any other changes you want there, publish with Word... of course, once in Word, you could save to a .doc or .docx file if 2007, or anything else you want that Word supports.

--

I cannot do it as you suggested cause the .doc file has tables and other graphics which get lost once i convert to rtf.

So what i need is basically the file saved in .doc bookmarking the words i need to be changed ...

from msaccess vis code i will change these bookmarks according to the data i have in my msaccess table

And don't forget the MS Word help files if you've not looked there yet. I learned long ago with help from these forums how that much of the information we usually ask about is right there in the help files. Generally speaking, MS Office help files are very good.... they actually help. [wink]

I'm not trying to just tell you to "go get it yourself", but perhaps hopefully help you find the best possible solution.

Check all of that out, then post back to tell us what you've tried, what has/has not worked, and where you want to go next.

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back