Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSACCESS.EXE - Application Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtaylor

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
A Microsoft office push was done this week by our IT department and I think it may have something to do with my problem that we have had several experts working on since. I have a report in a database accessed from a button on a form. Since the push I have not been able to open the report and I get the following error:

The instruction at "0x77fcb375" referenced memory at "0xfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.

Following this error message Access is terminated. The strange thing is it worked fine before. What we are finding is there are some PC’s where the report can be previewed and printed and some like mine where it cannot be opened. My profile was changed which didn’t help either. The only good part is the users of the database are not having any problems. Everything else in the database works great.

If anyone has experienced this problem or has any suggestion please let me know since I really do not want to rebuild the report.[cry]

Can you open the report manually, that is not using the button?

Michael

A couple of ideas (you probably already tried them) to track the error:

Can you open the report manually, not through the button?

If not, can you open the query the report is based on?

If the report has code for some report events, have you tried setting a break point and stepping through the code line by line to determine is a specific line of code behind the report may be causing the error?

This is my two cents worth for now.

Michael

I cannot open the report manually. I haven't tried opening the report query yet because Access shuts down when I try to open the report manually or with the button.

I ran into this today. If your OS is W2K Pro and you have a HPLJ4000 PCL6 driver installed, try rolling back to a HPLJ4 PCL4 driver that ships with W2K. Problem fixed! What a doozy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back