Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSAccess cumulative totals

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry3948

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2006
US
I am trying to establish a column on a monthly report that will show the accumulated totals for each row by counting from the previous months to the present month without projecting into future months. Also the accumulated data should only count the current year. The basic concept of the simple =Sum([data]) works for the current month, however I am obviously missing a piece of the formula to get the accumulation for the previous months. Anyone had any experience with this? Any help appreciated.

I have tried both options; Over Group and Over All. This does not work as it only indicates a result of "1". I'm sure it is a lot more complicated than my limited knowledge.

Oops. Cut myself off there. My delemma is in gathering the data that is outside of the date range for the current month. How do I include a larger date range in this one column without affecting the current month's data for the other column?

You may need to use a union query to get the accumulated values prior to the current month and in the current year.

You haven't provide significant table structures (names of tables and fields), data, or desired display in your report so it is difficult to be much more specific.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

you would get more responses in one of the many MS Access forums, like forum703.

Skip,
[sup][glasses]Don't let the Diatribe...
talk you to death![tongue][/sup][sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Ok, thanks guys. I wasn't sure if I was in the right forum for this, but I thought maybe it would take some custom VB formulation to get it accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back