Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSA1000 & Server Failover

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
GB
I’m looking for some help on setting up failover from an HP DL360 server to a MSA1000 SAN.

We have 2 switches in the MSA1000 and 2 HBA’s in the server with one HBA connected to each switch.

What I want is if one fibre connection is broken (or a HBA or switch to fail) then it to automatically use the other fibre.

I have Secure Path installed on the server, but cant figure out how to configure it. Can anyone help??

I’ve posted this in HP Disk and Raid also.

Cheers

Sevi
I don’t think you have do to doing anything else with Secure Path to make it function, assuming it’s not working when you tested it I would look at using MPIO rather that Secure Path, as I believe HP are no longer selling SP and you can download the MPIO drivers from HP for free and very little configuration is required to get it to work.

P.S Make sure the HBA drivers are using the correct card drivers (probably Qlogic) and not the MS generic HBA driver, this has caused me a few setup problems before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back