Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MSA 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

itmontypy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2003
GB
Hi

has anyone had any experience installing an msa1000 kit

if so could you shed some light as we are thinking of using this as a solution

I did a "lab" setup at a vendor site. Very slick box. Card goes in each server and connects to the box. Up to 4 servers I think. RAID partion can be moved from server to MSA box without any changes. Suggest keeping the system partition with the server, but not sure that is even a requirement.
*J*

I have installed a couple of them. Works fine. Now it support more than one cluster and a mix of cluster/single nodes, but unfortunatley still no active/active controller configuration.

how many servers can be connected to it ???

i was hoping to use it for clustering 4 nodes(8 servers)

will it cope with this amount ???

when u say a card is fitted in each server did this come with the msa1000 or do you have to purchase them separatly
???

Cheers

Paul

p.s. sorry for all the questions but when its a new aera it is great to get the opinions of field experts

The MSA1000 lets you create 32 LUNs so you can theoretically connect 32 Servers. But Performance would be very questionable.
You need to install a Fibre Channel host bus adaptor into each server that will be connected the MSA1000. The cards connect to a Fibre Channel switch and then to the MSA1000

so the scenario i am proposing of 4 node(8servers) it well within the reaches of this ?

Presumably sharing the same space as quorum disk space poses no problems either

Thank you for you help so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back