Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word will not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiggsy

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
CA
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional edition, installed on Windows XP Professional Edition.

When attempting to print multiple copies of documents from Microsoft Word there is only ever a single copy sent to the printer.
Initially it worked fine. Then one day it quit.
It would appear that it was initially after a patch from Microsoft Office Update.
All other programmes print fine, including all in the office suite, it is only MS Word that suffers this problem.
I have tried uninstalling patches. Using system restore. Detect & Repair from within Word, and also uninstalling & reinstalling office.

I'm at a loss what to do next, all help extremely welcome.

Thanks for the link Dreamboat. I guess I forgot to mention that was actually the very first thing that I tried. Still, I tried it again, just incase, and still the same, with only 1 copy when multiple copies are selected.

When I re-installed Office, I removed all directories, and registry entries that I located for office, both Office 2003 Pro (which is current) and Office XP which was my old version. Just quickly going to mention that all worked fine after the upgrade too.

Thanks.

That's exactly what I thought. Yet it works in all the other Office applications, which suggests to me that it is localised somehow to an MS Word setting.
I've tried rolling back the printer drivers but that makes no difference.
The exact same setup on other PC's in the domain functions correctly, and the problem PC can print to another printer just fine.

Have you tired to print multiple copies directly, by code, not through the dialog box? Just curious to see if you can do it directly.

Gerry

Our organization recently bought a number of hp 1300 laser printers and on a few that did not have advanced printer settings enabled experienced the problem you describe. In the printer properties you had to select the Advance Tab and enable Advanced Printer Features and then select the Printing Perferences Tab and make sure Advanced Printer Preferences was set. Perhaps your printer driver has a similiar setting.

We recently deployed new PC's with Windows XP and Office 2003. Users print to a HP LaserJet 4100. We were running Windows 2000 and Office 2000 and everything was fine. Now that were running Office 2003 users were having issues printing from Excel. It was printing the columns and rows over the text, so we updated the print drivers and that fixed that issue. Now they can not print from Word. I can get it to print sometimes, if I select print pages 1-5, but then they can not print the envelopes. We have tried everything that we can think of. OPEN TO ANY IDEAS. THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back