Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word Shakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoja

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
CA
Allright. I have not come accross a weird problem like this before in my life, supporting Office products.

One of my machine has Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Whenever a file is opened and without doing anything, if we click, Print, the program shakes for almost 10 seconds before printing. Same thing happens when I go, Save As, soon after opening the file. However, only if after opening the file, I click my mouse somewhere in the open document, or edit the document, then there is no problem. Same applies when I open an attachment from Outlook and just simply print it.

I must say, it only happens in Microsoft Word - I have tested Excell and it works just fine.

I have done the following:
- Checked from different Windows User (Administrator)
- Tested for viruses
- Removed any additional programs that might have anything to do with it (organizer syncronization, etc)
- Removed Windows Media Player
- Reinstalled Microsoft Office
- Running in Safe Mode
- Upgrading Office to Service Pack 4

Does it surprise anyone?

--Eal

I'm almost sure it's a hardware problem caused by an inadequate device response to a software call which appears only in the situations you described. Try the followings:
-Invert the printer AC cord in the wall outlet
-Invert the PC AC cord in the outlet
-Invert them both
-Try again with another printer (just to see if it-s the printer which causes that)
-Reinstall the mainboard drivers (specially the AGP support, if it exist)
-Reinstall the video driver
-Unplug the monitor from AC wall outlet for 10 seconds, plug it back and retry
-Invert the monitor AC cord in the wall outlet
-Try with another monitor (just to see if it's the monitor)
-Change the video card (if it-s not on-board)
-Change the PC-s power supply.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back