Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word opens behind the open applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMW999

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
My problem usually happens the first time I start an Office Application. Example: When I first login to my PC and start Outlook, then later on I want to start Word so I click on my shortcut. Word opens behind the open outlook window.

After the first time doing this, it will open correctly for a while. Eventually it will do it again. Only Word opens behind the active applications, Excel, or any other app does not have this problem.

Some further info... When this occurs the, on the task bar Word is flashing, so if I click on the flashing instance of Word in the task bar, it minimizes Word. If I click on it again it maximizes and works normally.

Thanks, I will try that next time I am at that location. Sounds like it should fix my problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back