Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word-How to get text to fill a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbodford

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
US
Hi, I am drawing a circle on a blank page in Word 2000. When I insert a textbox inside of that circle, I want the text to fill the circle rather than just filling the square or rectangle of the text box. I have tried text wrapping options, but is can only text wrap inside of the textbox, obviously. Is there a way to fill the circle with text?????

Hi,

If you are asking is there a way to take a CIRCLE drawing object and fill it with text, the answer is NO.

If you are asking is there a way to make it LOOK as if the text is conforming to the shape of the CIRCLE, the answer is a qualified YES.

Here's how it can be done.

1. In your mind, picture a CIRCLE inside a SQUARE with the CIRCLE touching the SQUARE at the sides, top and bottom.

2. create a FREEFORM drawing object that conforms to the upper left-hand portion of the square OUTSIDE the circle.

3. set the FormatAutoShape/Layout to Tight

4. copy the shape and flip it horizontally

5. select both shapes, copy and flip the result vertically

6. arrange the 4 parts to form a circle

7. drag the right-hand margin to the edge of the circle.

Your text will conform to the shape of the 4 pieces.

BTW, you can change the shading of the 4 shapes.

:)

Skip,
Skip@TheOfficeExperts.com

Skip,
Thank You for the suggestion - I will give it a try to let you know if I can make it work.

jbodford

Another suggestion.
1.Open a new word document
2.View...toolbars....drawing
3.Insert an oval from the toolbar.
4.Insert word art. (Again from the Drawing tool bar)
5.Format the Word Art.
6.Format auto shape, especially the line, colour weight and style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back