Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS WORD Font problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grunt68

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2002
US
Upon opening an incoming protected word file on my PC, get windings font, if I use any other PC it is ok. I have not been able to figure out why this is happening.

A few thoughts...

1. Presumably the doc wants to use a particular font (the one it uses when it opens on the other PCs). Is that font installed and working on your PC?

2. Does your PC have the same Normal.dot as the other PCs?

3. Does your PC have any Word add-ins enabled that aren't on the other PCs?

spv

Thanks SPV for your quick response

Answers:
1 All the other PC's open to Times New Roman

2 Not sure what Normal.dot is??

3 No, PC does not have any add-ins enabled

Normal.dot is the normal template. It is the one used by default for documents you create and, I assume, those you open. You can see where it is by looking in Tools > Options. On the File Locations tab you should see "User templates".

It's also possible that the document you are opening is based on a particular template which the other PCs have. Look in Tools > Templates and Add-ins. The Document Template field should tell you which template (.dot) file the document wants to use.

I've just noticed the word "protected" in your original post. Have you tried creating a document (on either your PC or one of the others), protecting it in the same way, then opening it on your PC? It'd be interesting to see if that shows in Wingdings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back