Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word - Combo Box question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonsi

IS-IT--Management
Dec 20, 2001
DE
I am creating a form in MS Word (Office 2007) for Users to answer various questions. Most will have a Yes/No or N/A answer which is fine to put in a Combo Box.
A problem arises when one of those answers needs to trigger another question or questions - I have no idea how to do this, although I'm sure it's possible.

example:
Q1 Do you drive a company vehicle? Yes No N/A
If the answer is No I want to user to go on to the next question Q2 Do you ever use your own vehicle for work purposes
If the Answer is Yes I want to ask an additional question(s)Q1a & Q1b etc. and then move on to Q2

Is there a simple way to do this?

thank you

hwyl
Jonsi B-)
"If an apple a day keeps the Doctor away ...why don't Daleks live in Orchards?"

Thanks Paul

Doesn't give me what I need sadly. I need the Master ComboBox to bring up another question not just another Slave Combobox

hwyl
Jonsi B-)
"If an apple a day keeps the Doctor away ...why don't Daleks live in Orchards?"

If you would consider using Excel rather than Word, you could use the Data > Data Validation feature (in-cell drop down controls) along with IF() fuctions or lookup tables.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

I need the Master ComboBox to bring up another question not just another Slave Combobox
Regardless of what you call it, from your description the second control is slaved to the decision made in the first one - simply because its contents depend on the choice made in the first one. The only issue to resolve is what to populate the second one with. The examples show how you could, for example, have one control with a question and another with a set of options to choose from as an answer to that question.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back