Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ms word....bulleted lists on 2sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

airtas

Technical User
Jun 16, 2005
US
on ms word..how can i make 2 bullets on the same line

make it look like this

*DDDD *SSSSSSSSS
*FFFF *ssssssssss

You could try columns. With continuous section breaks (Insert > break) you can have a portion of the page in columns and the rest normal.

Or you could use table columns. I just tried putting bulleted text within a table and got slightly odd results. It might also depend on the version, which you didn't give.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

You can't do it with Word bullets.

Paragraphs (and each item in a list is a paragraph) spread across the entire available width. By definition a new paragraph starts a new line.

If you use columns, paragraphs flow down one column then down the next, not side to side. I suppose you could, in theory, get the effect with multiple continuous sections but, as with the table (see below), you would not have a proper list.

The best way to get the EFFECT is with a table and a single bulleted item in each cell but this is not a list and you can not add items in the middle and have the rest flow as you want.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

what about using wingdings and a bullet as a symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back