Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Word Borders Default

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdfdr78

Technical User
Jul 19, 2005
Hi There,

Is there a way to Change the default Margin with Borders and shading, its currently set to 24pts however i want to change the default to 31pts to rectify a problem were having.
Help Appreciated
Richard

If you are using a template, then you can set the margin to be whatever you want. Any documents made from that template will be exactly that way.

I am not quite understanding your question though.

Margins are set with File > Page SetUp; borders are set with Format > Borders and shading.

Which exactly are you trying to set? By mentioning numbers, 24 vs. 31, it seems that you are taking about the page margins. File > Page Setup. On the other hand, you mention borders and shading. You can sety an Art border to 31 pts.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

We have Office 2003 on a Pc where the cursor does not sit correctly when you open a word document up.
To get round this we go into Format - Borders & shading - Page Border - options changing the margion to from 24pts to 31pts, which sorts things out however when you open the document again it reverts back to 24 pts.
even after changing these settings above and going to Page setup - margins and clicking Default it still does not save those settings.
Help Appreciated
I`ve even re-installed office same thing still happens its bizzare.

even after changing these settings above and going to Page setup - margins and clicking Default it still does not save those settings.
Why would you think that clicking default would save any changed settings? Default is...default.

That is why I asked. So, you are doing both. You are setting something in Format > Borders, and, ummm, clicking default in Page Setup.

However, in any case, I can not duplicate this. I set the Page border to 31 pts, saved the file, opened it, the page border margins are still 31 pts.

I tried clicking default in Page Setup. Checked Page border margins...still 31 pts. Saved the file and opened it. Still 31 pts.

Hopefully someone may suggest something.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

Hi,

The problem is that it does not save to what ever i change it to it always defaults back to 24pts. Its really annoying but even more annoying is that after re-installing the product the problem is still there!
Bizzarre
Hope someone can shed some light

Thanks Richadr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back