Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ms word 2001 file save error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kutula

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2002
US
Okay. This one is driving me nuts. Since we switched our Mac lab to IPX, from Native file access we get a "Disk is Full" error message when saving Word documents. Microsoft shows this as a known problem ( but for different reasons. We have tried:

- Reducing the nunmber of open files
- Removing Fool Proof
- Different methods of saving (save as, save, etc.)
- Upgrade the OS to 9.2.2 from 9.1
- Build a totaly clean system (i.e. totally reinstall everything)
- any other number of possible solutions that we could think of.

The one solution that works (but we really don't like it an can see no reason for it) is to save in rich text format rather then word format.
Any ideas? I am very lost.

Thanks,
-Nick

If you are running a novell client try turning off file caching and file commit

I've had the exact same problem and it is very frustrating. We have turned off file cashing and file commit with limited results. I don't know what platform you are running but we were using WinXP and Client 4.83 and upgrading to Client 4.9 fixed that paticlur problem. Also if you are having what microsoft calls a "Delayed Write" issue this will also fix that problem.

Best of Luck
Killroy.

kutula -

In the past, I've seen this with Office 2000. However, in our case, it was our antivirus software that was causing the "Disk Is Full" messages to appear (file saves to the network).

May not be your issue, but something to keep in mind for future trouble-shooting.

At the server type

set client file caching = off

and see if this helps.

sorry, typo, use

Set Client File Caching Enabled=off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back