Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Virtual PC 2007 locks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russmis

MIS
Oct 22, 2002
US
When doing copy and paste in word 2010 on the host machine, virtual pc 2007 locks up. Virtual Pc is installed on win xp.

this is pretty vague.... can you supply more information?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

We are running virtual pc 2007 win 98 on win xp machines. When users open word 2010 on the win xp machine and do copy and paste in to their email, virtual machine locks up.

It also happens on word 2003, when doing copy and paste, users have to reboot their pc to recover from the virtual pc lockup.

I asked for help and not to critique on how i made my post.

Dear goombawaho, can you help me with a problem?

[ol 1]
[li]What Service Pack is Windows XP at?[/li]
[li]Is Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit?[/li]
[li]Is Word 2010 32-bit or 64-bit?[/li]
[/ol]

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Yes we are running Win XP SP3 32bit with Office 2010 and virtual pc 2007 sp1. Virtual pc is not responding when doing copy paste in win xp and using office 2010 or 2003.

Office 2010 is installed on XP machine and not on virtual machine.

Again, what version of Office 2010? The 64-bit version is NOT supported on XP SP3.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Windows xp is 32 bit so office is 32bit too.....

Have you thought about dumping Virtual PC 2007, and perhaps using another VM and just installing Windows 98 into that VM?

VirtualBox is an impressive VM contender

Do your VM's crash if you test from Safe Mode in Windows, and also from Safe Mode in the VM?

310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP

316434 - HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP

310560 - How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP

linney, thanks I will try safe mode, going to different vm is good idea too.

You may also want to look and the addons if you haven't already loaded them to see if any of them can fix your problem.

jkl0, addons are loaded, we've been running this virtual setup for long time now, this problem is something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back