Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjonnnnn

MIS
Aug 25, 2000
US
I've never done any programming, but am getting ready to start learning, using MS VB6 Learning Edition. Anybody had any experience with that software? Is it good (before I get to deep into it)?

I found the VB5 Learning Edition to be a very pleasant experience. Later, I moved on to VB6 Professional. One thing to remember is that MS is soon going to change VB to VB.Net, and there will be lots of changes to the language.

The Learning Edition is a good way to get your feet wet, though.

Hi my friend
Take a look at any book store and see how many books available for VB to cover a wide spectrum of the language, COM/DCOM, ASP, SQL, WEB.
About the support you have MSDN and a lot of tech forums like this one. beside any new ActiveX control or API comes with VB sample code. also look at the high tech jobs ads in you newspaper.
This will give you an idea how easy to find resources and support when you use this language.
Visual Basic still Bill Gates's baby.
Good luck with it
Walid Magd
Engwam@Hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back