Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS SQL Server 2000 Installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich25

Programmer
Feb 2, 2001
US
I installed MS SQL Server 2000 client tools to work with our SQL Server at work. After installing the client tools, I went to register new server, and completed this. The new server shows up and when I click on it, Databases, views, and other folders show up. When I click on the Databases folder, my computer's hard disk sounds like it's doing something, but the program eventually locks up and I have to end the task. Can anyone give me any help with what I may doing wrong? It's not a server problem because other people here at work aren't having this problem, and can connect to the server fine. I'm running Windows 2000 Professional on a P3 667 MHZ with 128 MB Ram.

Thanks,
Rich

the databases finally showed up. but it took about 5 minutes. hmmm what is going on here!?!?!

Sounds network related....

Check your connection to the server (ping it, check drive mappings, etc.).

SheetsERR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back