Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Publisher question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VACaver

Instructor
Sep 8, 2012
US
Pardon my ignorance for not knowing the correct terms...

When I create a text box, a faint white line appears on the left-hand ruler that matches the height of the text box. Being so close to the default light gray color of the ruler, it's very hard for me to see it.

Is there a way to change the color of this line?

Thanks!

What Version of Publisher?

I just created a blank publication in Publisher 2010. I drew a text box, and so long as the text box is selected, the bar to the left is sort of white, VERY different than the ruler color. Then if I click out of the text box, it seems to disappear or blend in with the ruler. Is this not what you are seeing? If different, how? Are you wanting it to look different when the object is not selected?

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

kjv1611,

I'm using 2007. There's a thin, light gray bar that runs alongside the vertical ruler. Clicking on a text box, the portion of the bar that is highlighted is white, which is VERY hard to distinguish from the normal light gray.

I either need to change the color of the bar to something darker, change the color of the highlighted portion to something that has more contrast, or forget the whole thing.

I forgot to include an example of what I'm talking about.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/VACaver/Publisherexample.jpg[/IMG]]

As you can see, it's VERY hard to see the highlighted part of the ruler bar.

actually, I can't see it... could either be where the image is hosted (work proxy) or else somehow you left off the image address? I'm guessing it's just a proxy issue. All I see (at work) is

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

It's a proxy issue...I did post the link to the picture and cane see it just fine on my screen.

Figures. At this rate, in another year, we'll just have an Intranet with no Internet access at all. Just a big hand on the screen - yeah, we used to get a big hand on the screen if we tried to access a site blocked by the proxy. [banghead]

Strange.

In my Publisher 2007, I see in the thin area on the right-hand side of the Ruler, when an object is selected, that thin area becomes WHITE, indicating the position and height of the object (and correspondlingly the position and width in the top Ruler as well)

It is VERY identifiable!

You may have to play around with your Windows Color Scheme.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

BTW, my OS is Windows XP, FYI.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Skip's observations are the same as mine with Publisher 2010 on Windows 7 Pro 32 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back