Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Project Central timesheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

keidm

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
Hi All,

I'm a new user to MS Project Central. I've chosen to save project A (in Project 2000) to a shared network drive that is accessible by Project Central server. While I'm able to access the project info in both portfolio and assignment views, I'm only able to see the "nonworking time" entry when I open the timesheet view. I've already manually set each user category to see project A. Shouldn't the project info appear in the timesheet view as well?

Thanking you in advance,

KEIDM

Timesheet wont display anything against a project until you have actualy created some tasks.

You can then filter the timesheet views using the project select in the timesheet title bar

Does any one know if there is a free Project Management Tutorial on the Web. Any info is apprciated. Thanks

Hello All,
Follow these links for:
Project Central Information
Project 2000 Training Material

Keidm,
you will want to check out Appendix A in the Project Central User Manual. It will help you configure the DSN on both the client and server that will allow you to see timescale information

Mike67,
Check out and both these sites offer a wealth of information. If you are looking for Web project management try
Good Luck,
Michael Microsoft Office 2000 Master Instructor
Corel Certified Instructor WordPerfect 9

i am using project central for Time sheet management,
i want to export the data from the project central to MS Access for application purpose, can you help me.

d_panky,

I have written an Access utility to aquire the data from project central. You can build your criteria by date range, resource name, resource group, project, and even select either all or multiple task to aquire.

It prints multiple report layouts, and even will build you a MS Excel spreadsheet populating the data based on your criteria.

Let me know if you are still interested
Respond to my handle ProjAccess. And I'll check back

I want to view tasks from other users in the administrator timesheet. Is this possible ?

Hi all Project Central Admins and users !..

I just installed the product today, based on the MSDE database, as a test.

And I managed to make the whole thing work fine with .MPP files saved in a shared folder, but not to save my project in the MSDE database.

The DSN is porperly configurated for Windows, but does not appear in the Project Central administration interface.

And when I ask the Project 2000 client to save the project "the ODBC way", into that DSN, the program just collapses to Windows with a ODBC_GetPoolCache error reported by Dr. Watson.

Aaargh ! Can someone help me ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi ...
Can somebody tell me something about how to integrate Ms-Project with Visual Basic ie. Using MS Project Object in Visual Basic ? Is it possible ? Any tutorials ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back