Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Project 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

moggy2000

Technical User
May 15, 2002
GB
I really hope someone can help. I am using Project and have assigned a group of tasks by email. The attachment the email comes with is .MXM and I can't figure out how you open this file, and then respond back to the administrator with the project. Please please help.........

I have now received a reply back but it is with the extension .mtm, and I cannot figure out how to open this and what program reads it.

Thanks in advance

The .mxm file extension corresponds to a MS Project/Outlook Team Assign Task file.

These files are used exclusivly by MS Project and MS Outlook.
Neil Konitzer
Freisoft

I have figured out how to open the .mxm extension by installing the wgsetup file for message handler, but I still have reply's from members of the workgroup in .mtm

Hello moggy2000,
You have to install the wgsetup.exe file on all the computers. The Resources and yours.

Hope this helps.

Michael Microsoft Office 2000 Master Instructor
Corel Certified Instructor WordPerfect 9

Were you aware there is a separate forum for MS Project questions? Just click on the -> Project Management -> link/tree at the top of this page to see the other Project Management forums. There are about 3400 members of this forum, and only about 230 members of that one. I just noticed it myself and there seem to be a lot of questions in there without answers, that could use some MS Project expertise! If you have any MS Project expertise, please join that forum, thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back