Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Press "Prepare for the Exam" section of the book 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edie209

MIS
Sep 18, 2000
Hi everyone I Have just finished working through the course material in MSPress 070-290. I am now at the point to start the "Prepare for the Exam" in the book.

Has anyone else worked through this section? Was it worth it?

I will be taking the exam on the 14th of March and wondered if anyone had any advice of any other reading I should do?

Have you done any practice questions yet, such as, Transcender? If not, I recommend you do.

edie209,

For that matter, if you have the MS Press books, you probably have the Readiness Review CD which has good practice questions.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

mattrgee
are they the same as the Test-King?

Wishdiak
Just having a look at the CD now was unaware of the review CD.

Thanks to both of you

edie209,

There are numerous exam prep materials available to you at different prices.

The Microsoft Press Readiness Review CD, which you seem to have will not cost you any money beyond what you've already paid for the books. The questions are parallel to the exam questions.

Test King materials are available from They claim to have recent braindumps of the actual questions from people who have taken them, however in my experience many are incorrect or incomplete. $49.99 per MS exam.

Transcender materials are available from The questions are parallel to the exam questions. $149.00 per MS exam.

Measure Up materials are available from I'm not familiar with their materials vey much, but I understand that they are parallel questions, not braindumps.
$89.00 per MS exam.

For the benefit that they provide weighed against the cost, nothing beats the Readiness Review CD.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Wishdiak

Thankyou for all the info it is good info not only for me but also for other people reading.

I do have the The Microsoft Press Readiness Review CD and installed it today. I took a test today and think I have highlighted a weaker area in my knowledge which I am working on now. I also did a demo for the transender but at $149 per exam I think i will stay with The Microsoft Press Readiness Review CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back