Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisol

Programmer
Mar 1, 2002
MY
Initially my MS Paint program was able to open graphic files in "jpg" and "gif" formats. Now it does not recognise them. Appreciate if someone can point out to me what could have gone wrong. Thanks

I dont know why it stoped opening in Ms Paint but I can tell you how you should be able to make them recognized and open in Ms Paint. Go to my computer at the top select tools, then folder options. Find the tab at the top says file types select it. You will see a list of all the files types your computer knows about scroll to gif or Jpeg, or just type the first 2 letters of it. Then below delete you should see a opens with and what program it opens with, next to the change button. Click the change button and pick Ms Paint to open it with. Then apply and say ok. That should solve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back