Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Outlook opening attachement issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veronica12

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2003
GB
Every time an user tries to open an attachement it goes to system32.When the user tries to save it inform that it cannot duplicate URL. I have reinstalled MSOffice but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong.

You will have to be more clear please.

If a user tries to open ANY attachment you get an error?
Or certain type of attachment?
Which operating system are you using?

What exactly does the error say?

The more information you provide the more chance someone will help. Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

It is any attachement and we are operating now on W2K. We have migrate last week-end.
The error says: Cannot duplicate URL. It is like if outlook does not recognise to have attachment. I wonder if it could be a security issue?

Hard to say if it's security at this point.

When you migrated to the new operating system, were the service patches installed from Microsoft? Kimber

At the moment I have re-installed MSoffice under the user and Administrator.
We can only use SP2 as or other programm will not be able to function correctly if we use any higher.
The question is simple only 3/4 users have this problem over 75.

Can you extract the attachment by using the save as feature?
If so ..does it open from where you saved it?

I havent run into this before...I am researching it for you. Kimber

You can't save the attachment at all. when you try it tell you that you can't replicate an URL.
I am trying to look into the fact that I cannot see the temp file where the PC is supposed to open or send the messages and attachement. I just did a search and it is not anywhere to be found on the PC.

Solution:

Create the users as administrator for the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back