Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Outlook on Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewJack73

MIS
Jul 29, 2002
US

I need some advice from you experts out there. Is it wise to publish Ms Outlook on Citrix for remote users? Would this significantly slow down their connection to the citrix server and other apps published. Outlook can be configured to connect to the mail server instead of citrix. We are using Metaframe XP on W2k Server sp3.

Also, have anyone noticed on the citrix that users connections still shows up as active after they have logged off?

Thanks in advance

The connection itself should not slow down. All citrix sends back to the user is screen updates, however, depending on the # of users, you may see a performance decrease on your server, if you have 100 users all using outlook at the same time, it will slow down performance.

as for active session after they log off, no i havn't seen that and it doesn't sound normal

Bob
MCP CCA

We had this problem with users logging in using NFuse.

Apps only seemed to close correctly if the window size setting was set to seamless

Hope this helps

I hope I'm not too late. We have been using MS outlook 97 on Citrix 1.8 and now ms outlook 2000 on metaframe xp boxes with approx. 20 users logged in at once. About half of them are consistently accessing outlook and the other half are running even more memory intesive apps. We've had very few latency issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back