Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Outlook 2000 e-mail address in contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DickiePotter

Programmer
Jan 8, 2001
GB
I have been running Outlook express for some time and have now started using Outlook 2000, I have imported my address book from express and added many new contacts into Outlook 2000.
The problem is that the e-mail address bar for contacts that have an address book entry from Express show up as a name and not the address, this means that printing it off to use on another computer is pointless because I only get a name.
Even if I type the address in it will change to a name as soon as the field leaves focus.
Please help me to resolve this, even if it means killing the address book.

Richard

Hello,

Instead of printing out the contact list, you could export to a disk and carry it with you wherever you decide to check your e-mail via Outlook 2k or Express.

BTW - if you print your contacts folder, it should print out the entire address. Try doing a print preview to make sure :)

Tried print preview, even tried printing and I still get the name not the address.

The easiest way to fix this is to download this free converter:

It really works & is recommended by the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back