Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MS Office Document Imaging Viewer control stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaport

MIS
Jan 5, 2000
US
I have this control - MiDocView, Microsoft Office Document Imaging viewer control - in my Access 2003 Access database. It worked fine for a year, until one week ago. I suddenly got this error:
"Object doesn't support this property or method", when the following code was running.
Code:
MiDocView1.Filename = ThePath & ScannedFileName
I checked the reference to the control and it was fine. There is no compiling error.

I tried creating a brand new database and add the control to a new form but got the same error. Actually, I got the error "There is no object in this control" even before any vb code was running. This error disappeared after I compacted the database. Strange.

The problem occurred on two workstations that were not related to each other at all. My guess is that a recent Microsoft automatic update caused the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Seaport

The main problem right now is that I could not even add a MODI Viewer control successfully in a new form (in a blank database). After I added the control and ran the form, I got the error "there is no object in this control." I got the same error even after I re-registered the referenced dll file.
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI\11.0\MDIVWCTL.DLL"

Haijin

Hi Seaport,

I've been experiencing this problem for about 2 weeks now and is yet to come up with a solution. I've tried reinstalling the MODI driver and re-registering the DLL but to no avail.

Did you find any solution?. Thanks.

No. I think some MS security update made the dll not working. I gave it up and used another ActiveX control - Web Control - instead. Basically the web control becomes an IE inside a form. Depending on what image file you display, the web control will use other plug-ins (like adobe reader) to show the image.

I had the same problem. You are correct that it is a MS security patch that is causing the problem. The patch is KB973507. Try removing that patch and see if the code works then. I'm not sure of a programming solution to accommodate for this patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back